Every year, thousands of people in the US suffer from serious to fatal injuries in car accidents and crashes. If you were involved in such an accident and believe that someone else’s negligence, conduct, or fault, is responsible for your injuries, you should file for a personal injury claim. Here are the steps to follow after a car accident.
- Get medical help. Before anything else, make sure that you get medical assistance. You don’t have to go to a doctor recommended by an insurance company. Just get the best possible treatment you can.
- Call a lawyer. Find a reliable Winchester, TN personal injury attorney and contact them right away, so that they can take over and find all relevant details of the accident. This is important because gathering evidence for case build up is much easier in early stages.
- Meet your attorney. You have to meet your personal injury lawyer in person to discuss all the relevant facts of the case. You have to ensure that the attorney is aware of the real version of the accident, even if you are at fault. Also, ask the lawyer about the possible outcomes of the case.
- Don’t sign any paper. Unless your attorney asks you to, do not sign any paper. If someone from the insurance company comes up to talk to you, direct them to your personal injury lawyer. Your attorney will do the negotiation on your behalf.
- Know your claim’s worth. Once you feel better, discuss the worth of your claim with your personal injury lawyer and if you should pursue the same. They will also guide you on your rights, if the matter should be negotiated with legal teams of other parties involved, and relevant matters.
Shortlist and contact a few personal injury attorneys in Tennessee now!