Thanks to researchers and manufacturers who made consuming medical marijuana possible via food products. Users can now easily get their daily dose of CBD from products like CBD infused candies, power juices, coffee, etc.
Also, there are CBD infused cookies and pastries available in stores, and if you wish to make your own CBD gummies at home, there are recipes available as well. All in all, getting your hands on these CBD edibles is pretty easy, and thus you can get all the therapeutic benefits of marijuana. However, you need to buy quality cannabis ingredients. Just CBD oil is quite popular for it purity among the users. You might want to use it for your homemade gummies.
Why are CBD edibles popular?
CBD, unlike THC, does not get you high and is completely safe to consume regularly. Moreover, it has plenty of health benefits. Users around the globe are consuming CBD edibles as a treatment option for many different ailments. Even the WHO has recognized the healing properties of CBD. Some of the conditions which can be treated with the help of CBD are:
- Chronic Pain
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
Storing CBD edibles
It is best to store CBD edibles in dark and cool places like a cabinet, a refrigerator, or a freezer. Just make sure there are no insects where you store them. If this is your first time with CBD edibles, here are a few storage tips for you…
- Use airtight containers:You can make edibles like CBD candies last up to a month if you store them well. Wrap them in a parchment paper, place them in a zip lock bag, and keep them in airtight containers.
- Silicon containers work best for the short term: Products that have shorter shelf life should get stored in silicon containers. Take a container that is big enough to fit the CBD edible and which ensures zero moisture and air.
- Glass Jars:These can be used to store items like gummies, candies, etc. Well, of course, you can even store items, like CBD cookies and pastries in glass jars and place them in refrigerators.
- Avoid transparent containers:The thing is, light affects the quality and flavor of cannabis. So, it is best if you avoid transparent containers. It means while using glass jars, ensure you will keep it in a dark place like a refrigerator or a cabinet.
- Freezer:Place your CBD oil and concentrates directly into freezers. They will last for up to a year, and even their flavor and quality won’t get altered. However, make sure you have placed them inside an airtight container.
- Don’t abruptly change the storage temperature:If you are transferring refrigerated CBD edibles, make sure you let them defrost at a slow speed. A sudden change in temperature will affect the texture and flavor of these products.
Some of the CBD infused edibles have a short shelf life. It means you have to take good care of how you store them. Therefore, invest in good quality containers, and follow the above-mentioned tips to ensure that the taste and freshness of your CBD edibles will last for long.